Synergetics is a privately held New England-based Management Consulting firm established in 1975. With two office locations in the US and UK, Synergetics operates internationally and employs over 150 professionals as analysts, consultants, project managers, and subject matter experts. As one of the largest “Implementation Consulting” organizations, Synergetics has completed over 1,600 business process engagements across 9 distinct industry verticals. It has built more than $8B in bottom line profitability and improvements in overall operating efficiencies.
Synergetics has a diverse client portfolio comprised of leading industrial and service corporations across Private Equity, Small and Medium Enterprises, and Fortune 500 Companies. With customized service offerings and solutions, Synergetics performs detailed management, financial, and operational assessments to develop and deliver specific cost savings and revenue enhancement initiatives.
Synergetics is looking to hire experienced consultants in various functional areas. As Synergetics works with clients across different locations, it is not necessary to live in one particular area -- only access to air travel is required. Explore the website first to see if you and Synergetics may be a good fit at www.synergeticsww.com.
Work with client organizations to enhance Warehouse/DC Management, Inventory Management and Operations Effectiveness. These initiatives will be accomplished through strategic planning, process re-engineering, and information technology implementation. Project Management experience in a team environment is required. Job location is client dependent and is considered remote, so 100% travel availability is also required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Identify clients’ problems, opportunities, and risks associated with Warehouse/DC Management.
· Gather and analyze relevant data, conduct client interviews, and visit facilities.
· Develop and evaluate alternative strategies to achieve specific savings objectives. Develop reports and performance metrics and present findings to client management and implementation teams.
· Work with clients to develop and implement tools, systems, and process solutions and improvements. Provide training, coaching, and process documentation.
· Work in a hands-on mode until all alternatives are examined through extensive analyses and all procedural work streams are in place and fully functioning.
Required Experience and Skills
· Warehouse/DC Management (with at least 10 years experience) and Project Management Consulting (at least 5-10 years experience). Must demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in the following areas:
– Inventory Management. Demonstrated expertise in detailed analysis of inventory data, establishing inventory targets, and achieving inventory reduction. Familiarity with Warehouse Management Systems, Inventory Turns, Cycle Counting and/or Bar Coding are expected.
– Operations Management. Having managed a Warehouse/Distribution Center with a minimum of 30 employees and $30M in inventory cost. Knowledge areas would include scheduling, facility capacities, supplier validation and performance metrics.
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management or Industrial Engineering with emphasis on Inventory Management. Masters degree preferred.
· Additional Skills / Experience Desired: APICS, CPIM, PMP, Lean/Six Sigma or other certification
· Strong data analysis skills using Excel – including data extraction, statistical review, modelling
· Excellent communication and presentation ability including PowerPoint expertise
· Familiarity with process mapping
· Key Words: Excel data analysis skills, Power Point, Six Sigma, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Change Management